Accept

We use cookies in order to save your preferences so we can provide a feature-rich, personalized website experience. We also use functionality from third-party vendors who may add additional cookies of their own (e.g. Analytics, Maps, Chat, etc). Read more about cookies in our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. If you do not accept our use of Cookies, please do not use the website.

Business Automation and Optimization Curve

<  Blog Home
November 27 2017
November 27 2017
By

It’s important to run an organized and optimized business. Bad processes will cost time, resources, sales, customer dissatisfaction and loss of team moral. So you need to constantly evaluate the biggest pain points at each stage of your growth, because these constantly change. Then you have to create the processes that fuel your success. But you can't let perfect be the enemy of good. And 80/20 is an important principle in business and life that prevents you from getting bogged down and never reaching your goals, i.e. sometimes 80% is good enough and the remaining 20% from good to perfect costs too much without enough ROI.

At each scale, you have to prioritize different things, and that means you may do things manually or less efficiently for a while, because the cost of automating them is too great. That’s okay, because you need to prove the market, prove the need justifies the investment in automation. But when you reach each new level, the ROI equation changes, the manual work becomes too much, and the payback for the automation work is better.

So you need to regularly listen to the groaning of your team (which requires you to be involved and have an relationship that encourages constructive criticism). Find out what’s causing the most pain. Encourage your team to think about what things are ripe for improvement right now, what things will pay back more than they cost. And then make lists, prioritize, create plans, and then address the low hanging fruit with the biggest ROI.

Don’t worry when you suddenly realize your systems are inefficient. Once that fact becomes obvious, it means it’s now the right time to optimize and automate. It’s good that you didn’t do it too early.


Archives

December 11, 2018

Attention: End of Service for Old Bounce Server

Attention: End of Service for Old Bounce Server
Chadwick Meyer
If you haven't updated your domain DNS settings in the last year, to match the information in your control panel, you MUST to take action before January 15, 2019 or else your website will stop ...
October 15, 2018

What Is a DDOS Attack and How Do We Respond

What Is a DDOS Attack and How Do We Respond
Chadwick Meyer
The internet is a lot like the wildwest—it operates on trust with very little oversight and no policing, everyone has to look out for themselves. Which makes it very easy for bad actors to ...
June 11, 2018

San Francisco MLS Feed Is Now Available for All Member Agents

San Francisco MLS Feed Is Now Available for All Member Agents
Chadwick Meyer
We have great news for all our Realtor Clients in San Francisco and the Bay Area. Due to historic MLS rules, only brokers were allowed receive the live MLS feed for San Francisco property data. But ...
May 15, 2018

Compliance Changes for the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Compliance Changes for the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Chadwick Meyer
You may notice that a new Cookie Consent notice appears at the top of your site today. This is a new requirement for compliance with GDPR, and we've added it to try to help your site be compliant....
May , 2018

Support Improvements

Support Improvements
Chadwick Meyer
We are very pleased to share news about the growth of Gutensite.   More Agents - Some of you who have recently called into our Website Support line may have noticed a new voice on the other ...

2018 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2017 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2016 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2015 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2014 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2013 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2012 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2011 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2010 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2009 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec

2008 Archives

Jan Feb Mar Apr
May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec